What are the benefits of a traditional Thai Massage?
If you have been in Thailand, you will have noticed how deeply rooted the massage culture is over there. Massage parlours can be found on the corner of every street, and world-renowned schools and institutes transmit their knowledge on the traditional Thai Massage.
What is the difference between the Thai Massage and other massages?
One of the main differences is that the Thai Massage is not given on a massage table, but on a special futon which is placed on the floor. Since oils aren’t applied to the body, the massage is given fully clothed.
The Thai Massage focuses on pressure. It takes a well-trained massage therapist to make sure this pressure isn’t just painful, but is used to release the tension in your muscles and to increase your flexibility. Different postures, stretching and pressure all form part of the Thai Massage, which is intensive to the therapist, but very rewarding for the receiver.
What are the benefits of a Thai Massage?
- Since Thai Massage focuses on pressure and energetic lines, it can be of great help in releasing muscular and body tensions;
- Because of the stretching of the entire body (from feet, to back to even fingers), it is well adequate for professional and intensive sports people;
- The combination of Yoga postures and pressure, make it a nice add to a yoga session;
- It increases general flexibility of your body;
- The pressure and movements stimulate circulation in your body, combined with a relaxing experience.
Why you should come to Under Pressure Massage Barcelona for a Thai Massage
- Because you are in desperate need of a quality massage 🙂 ;
- Because of all the benefits mentioned above;
- Because I am fully trained and experienced in giving traditional Thai Massages;
- Because at Under Pressure Massage Barcelona, I also focus on sustainability. Therefore, the futon I use is handmade in Barcelona, using sustainable materials.